Working at East Berkshire College
East Berkshire College is a thriving Further Education College, which employs over 600 professional and dedicated staff, on a full-time, part-time and sessional basis. We have two main colleges centrally located in Langley and Windsor as well as various community venues.
Join our friendly team and you’ll not only have a rewarding career, but you’ll also become part of a forward-thinking community, which is dedicated to helping its staff as well as its students develop their skills and fulfill their potential.
We are keen to recruit talented individuals who are passionate about helping us to deliver the highest standards of education and training to local people, communities and businesses. In return, we offer a supportive and inclusive working environment, where everyone’s skills and ideas are valued and respected
Why work for us
We offer a wide range of benefits and resources to support and reward our employees. These include:
- Access to pension schemes for both teaching staff and support staff
- A generous holiday allowance in addition to bank holidays
- Fully-funded in-house teaching qualification programmes
- Subsidised professional qualifications
- Mentoring support for new staff
- Career progression opportunities and continued professional development
- Family-friendly policies to support work-life balance (e.g. Special Leave Policy)
- Childcare voucher scheme for working parents
- Travel schemes (e.g. Cycle to Work Scheme and Season Ticket Loans)
- Health and well-being support (e.g. Counselling service and annual flu jab)
- Discounted gym membership at our Sports Centre at Langley College, which is managed by Absolutely Fitness
- Staff discount on hair and beauty treatments at The Salon at Langley College
- Use of our college learning centre
- Our Langley and Windsor colleges are conveniently located for good train, bus and road links
For more details on the above benefits and schemes, please view this document: Staff Benefits
A diverse college community
As an equal opportunities employer, we are extremely proud of our diverse staff and student community, and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates. The College currently has staff and students from more than 100 nations, and our students are aged from 15 to 85 years old.
Our Single Equality Scheme outlines how we seek to ensure that the College is free from discrimination and strives towards best practice in promoting and celebrating equality and diversity. For more details, read our Diversity & Equality Policy.
Working in the education sector
Working in the education and training sector can be rewarding and inspiring. Every year, the College helps thousands of people develop their skills, raise their aspirations and achieve their ambitions.
Click here to view our College Welcome Video.
Click here to learn more about the Further Education sector
The College welcomes volunteers. If you are looking for a volunteering placement, whether working with students, supporting teaching or gaining experience in a range of administration areas, we would be delighted to hear from you. Please use the enquiry form to the left to let us know what you're looking for, or call us for an informal chat. Please note that volunteers are subject to the same Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) and references checks as college staff.
If you have a question about working at East Berkshire College, please call us on 01753 793325 or use the enquiry form to the left.
To read more about our policies on safeguarding, DBS and recruitment as well as guidance on applying for a position with us, please see the below documents: