As a college, we continually review our services to ensure we maintain and improve upon our high standards. Here you’ll find the latest inspection reports, reviews and surveys about us.
Ofsted judgements East Berkshire College was last inspected by Ofsted in November 2016. Strengths highlighted in the latest report include:
- Apprenticeship provision was graded as good overall, with learners making good progress towards achieving their qualifications on time.
- Apprentices benefit from highly individualised learning programmes, with teachers using good vocational experience to make learning interesting and relevant.
- The College provides a secure, inclusive and harmonious environment in which learners are safe and valued.
- Students benefit from high-quality practical classes in which they develop good employment skills.
- Very high levels of employer satisfaction.
- Excellent specialist, industry-standard resources and high-quality accommodation that supports learning in vocational and academic areas.
- Students have extensive access to high-quality information technology to support independent learning.
- Adult learners gain good employment and personal skills, with courses motivating them to raise their aspirations, improve their prospects or move on to higher education.
- Students show respect and consideration for each other and their teachers.
For the full report click here. Prior to this, the College was inspected in February 2013, when it was judged to be good with outstanding features.
QAA quality review The Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education (QAA) has confirmed the quality and standards of provision at East Berkshire College following its last review in May 2015. QAA judged that East Berkshire College’s academic standards and the quality of its student learning opportunities all meet UK expectations.
Strengths highlighted in the review include:
- High levels of support from staff which enable students to develop their academic, personal and professional potential.
- Wide-ranging resources and activities, which enhance students' employability skills and professional development.
- Innovative use of new technologies, which ensures that a wide range of information is readily accessible for prospective and current students.
This successful review means that the College can display the QAA Quality Mark, indicating to students that the College meets national requirements for standards and quality. To view the full report, click here.
Student and employer feedback The views of our students and employers are extremely importance to us, which is why their feedback is regularly gathered through internal and national surveys.
Learner Satisfaction Survey 2016:
- 94% of students say the standard of teaching is good.
- 92% of students say they are happy with the College.
National Student Survey on Higher Education 2016:
- 95% student satisfaction for our Higher Education courses.
- The College rated in the top 15 colleges and universities in the UK for student satisfaction.
SFA National Employer Satisfaction Survey 2015-16:
- The College scored 8.3 out of 10 for overall employer satisfaction.
- The College scored 8.4 out of 10 for overall quality of training.